Thursday, February 21, 2013

Tight Tooshies Thursday ::: Squats on Crack

Hope and I have decided to blog more often in an effort to keep ourselves committed and motivated. Thursday we have decided to dedicate to all things fitness related. Since one of our major motivations is jeans with booty bling and we mention it to one another often, we thought Tight Tooshies was a perfect reminder for Thursday. Plus it's silly and makes us laugh and we like a good laugh.

So fitness, where to start? It can be overwhelming. We both have gym memberships and work out hard. One of the things I have learned is that you really have to work for it. You shouldn't leave the gym looking the same as when you walked in. You have to sweat, to really  push your body. One of my problem areas is my thighs and booty. I think lots of women can relate. This week I discovered some amped up squats. They'll really leave your inner thighs burning for days. I'm calling them Squats on Crack.

The first ones are really simple. You do a regular squat. Stand with your feet slightly wider than hip-width apart. Your toes should point out slightly. Bend way down. Your butt should stick out and your back should be straight. Your thighs should be parallel to the floor and your knees should not go past your toes. Here's the crack part, rather than standing back up to repeat, push hard through your thighs and jump as high as you can. Lift your knees as your jump. Don't think about how white men (or women) can't jump like I do. Think light as a feather, Air Jordan kind of jump. Start with reps of 10. Do as many as you can. This will get your heart rate up too. Believe in yourself and don't wimp out.

The second one you have to imagine a pit of lava. It's about 3 feet wide, or wider if you're strong. You are going to jump back and forth across the lava. You do a squat with your right leg slightly lifted off the floor. You are going to jump to your right as far as you can. I sort of kick my right leg out. You will land on your right leg and go into a squat with your left leg slightly off the floor. Then jump back to your left and land on your left foot. This takes lots of core strength.

Squats are great for weight loss and strength training. I challenge you to add some Squats on Crack to your work out this week.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness!! Great post! This is definitely one I try at home or when there's no one at the gym! They sound AWESOME though! Great job!

Unknown said...

I do them at home!!! There is a lot of jiggling going on. :)