Friday, February 15, 2013

Robyn::: weigh in #3


I learned at an early age that we can't control a lot of what happens to us in life. We can however control how we react. We choose our attitude. This process of trying to lose weight has reminded me about choosing a better attitude. Rather than dwelling on where I am and how far I have to go, I am focusing on my daily triumphs. I am reminding myself of all the good I do, my strength, and my value. I am giving it my all because I want it and I am worth it. Am I doing this for my kiddos and my hubby? Yes, of course. But, more importantly I'm doing it for me!!!! I will be a better wife, a better mother, and a better me because of it. Although I am sad that I gained so much weight back, I am incredibly grateful for this journey that I have the opportunity to share with Hope and all of you! I truly feel like Hope and I were meant to do this. We were meant to share this journey. Rather than being sad that I have so much weight to lose, I am happy that I get to prove to myself and all of you my strength and ability. We are doing this!!!! I am so excited.

A friend brought me a little box of chocolates the day before Valentine's Day. She told me how she really contemplated doing it because she knows I'm dieting. I'm so glad she did though. :) It gave me the opportunity to show myself that I have some will power. I have eaten a few pieces each day. I still have some in the little box!!! Before I easily would have eaten them all in one sitting with a big soda and wanted more. You don't have to give up chocolate to lose weight. I don't want to live in a world without chocolate. You can eat treats and still lose weight. It's all about moderation and portion control. I am eating the things I love, just less of them. I am also making good healthy choices every day. 

I did a very small last chance work out with my fit hubby. I wanted to hurt him. It was so hard. I am realizing though that I want to be strong. I want to find the athlete that lives inside of me. I am going to continue to increase my work out intensity and difficulty. I need to work out with my hubby more often. My attitude towards working out has changed though. It’s not about a leisurely workout. It’s about really giving it all that I have in a way that really hurts. I love seeing that I can do more than I thought I could. This body that I have so many mixed feelings about is incredibly capable. I am pushing it further and further.

So, I’m proud of my week. I live in a real world with real temptations and I made mostly good choices.

I’m down 2 pounds this week.
12 pounds total. I feel more confident in myself. I am happier in my daily life. I am choosing to have a more positive attitude.
Here I am this morning ready for the gym. 12 pounds down. My waist is feeling smaller. :)

A big thank you to my hubby for all of his support in this journey. Not only is he my cheerleader and my healthy chef, he is really picking up my slack while I try to figure this all out. He is doing tons of laundry, dishes, and kid duty. I am one lucky girl.   

5 comments:

The Zink's said...

Congratulations! your doing great!

Unknown said...

So proud of you!!! Great post! I'm inspired to push myself more in the gym, too! You're doing fantastic. Glad we both had a good week :) Here's to an even better next week!!! <3

Unknown said...

Thanks girls!!!! I'm excited and motivated. I want that 20 pounds so bad I can taste it. It tastes like carrots and broccoli! :)

Unknown said...

Fabulous! Proud of you girls. Keep going, keep going, keep going. Oh, sorry, I was talking to myself more than anything... :)
Aunt Jo

Unknown said...

You crack me up Aunt Jo!