Thursday, May 23, 2013

Weigh in Wednesday...err, Thursday

I may be a day late, but better late then never, right?
I was on retreat for 3 days, so I had to take my scale with me to get my official Wednesday weigh in. I also had my final weigh in for my DietBet I was doing.
I have been really proud of myself lately.
I feel super empowered by my progress and the strength I'm gaining.
 
So I was doing a 30 day DietBet where you put in $25 and get others to do the same.
Then you all try and lose 4% of your total weight in a month. There were 7 of us and 3 of us made it!
Everyone was close, though, and it was awesome to see everyone losing weight together.
I doubled my money, so not a bad deal :)
Thanks to Robyn for giving me the heads up about www.dietbet.com.
Check it out, it's pretty cool.
 
During the retreat, I decided to run with a friend who started running with a "couch to 5K" program. He started last fall and is now running 10+ miles and training for a half marathon.
Pretty darn inspiring.
He said that he needed to do 4 miles that day, so I was thrilled when I was able to talk him down to 3.1 (a 5K). I wasn't completely sure I would finish it, but it was my goal as we started. We ran at 9pm at night, which with the Charleston humidity, was a great idea. It was pretty funny at times since our light was limited to the occasional street lamp and his very useful headlamp. When a car would come, he would yell "car", I would hop up on the curb, he would hop up behind me and then he would have to yell "mailbox" so I didn't plow into the mailbox in front of me.
Surprised I made it through that without falling on my face, actually.
He was super encouraging and I think I would have quit a mile in if I was by myself.
So thanks Mike for pushing me and helping me run my first 5K outside! I was a sweaty mess and pretty sure I was going to throw up toward the end, but I made it! :)
 
So now comes my weigh in. Let me just say that the food at that retreat center is soooo good!
And I learned dark chocolate, while having it's own health benefits, isn't calorie free (shocking, right?!?). Before I left for retreat, I was down 2 lbs.
But at my weigh on yesterday, I was only down 1 lb.
Still SUPER proud that I lost weight this week though!
I am now in the 180's and working my way downnnnnn..... :)
 
Down 1 lb. since last week and a total of 33 lbs. so far!
 
Now I have to give a special shout out to my youngest son who graduated from preschool today!
I have loved watching him grow and mature this year.
He has come so far and I am so proud to be his mom!!
{my family minus our 2 boys who were at their elementary school this morning}
 
Also a big shout out to our oldest son who made his First Holy Communion this past Sunday!
 
 

No comments: