Friday, March 29, 2013

Fat be gone Friday::: Robyn's weigh in day


I am ashamed to admit that I am a grass is greener kind of girl. I am constantly finding myself thinking how the grass is greener on the other side. I am always waiting for something to happen that is going to make everything better. I always think “if only ______ then things would be great”. The funny thing is that when I lived in Cali I didn’t realize how much I love grass. Living here in the valley of the sun has made me realize how a little grass here and there makes me so happy. I love the bright green color and the feel of it under my bare feet. I love how it makes me feel at home. I am beginning to realize that I have to plant my own grass in life, love that little bit of grass that I have, and embrace the good things in my life.

It’s a process. I do a lot of chanting in my head. I remind myself how this is a journey. I remind myself of the much anticipated shopping spree and the name brand booty bling jeans that I want. I remind myself how much better I feel already. This is a lifestyle. It’s not a race. It’s a change forever. I’m proud of the good choices that I made this week. I am happy in my now and so excited for my future.

My gym was closed for renovation this week. Thankfully we had beautiful weather. I got outside and walked and ran.  I DO NOT like running! I never have. It’s so mental. This week I worked up to being able to run 3 miles without stopping!!!! That’s huge for me. I really missed the gym though. It’s just so easy to get cardio in while watching t.v.  The whole week I felt like I wasn’t getting enough exercise. I worked hard and really watched my calorie intake. It’s a slow week, but I am down.

 So, I am happy to report that this week

I lost .5 pound. Yep, half a pound people. But, I’m down!!!!
18.5 total!!

Man did I work for that half a pound. I am going to get that elusive 20 pounds next week!!!!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're DOWN!!! That's awesome! So proud of you. You're right. This is a lifestyle. It's a way of life and you're doing it!!! Congrats!