Thursday, January 16, 2014

whoa...what am i DOING?!?!?

Life has been wonderful.
I feel like I'm getting back on track. I
'm not as die hard as I was, but getting back to routine and commitment has been great.
As you will remember, last summer, I ran my first 5K.
It was an awesome experience and it was really one of those things I just wanted to check off my bucket list.
I have tried to like running--I really have. But I just haven't gotten "addicted" yet, like so many people tell me I will.
But when I run, it does make me feel super powerful. Like I'm doing something that I couldn't do before. It's an incredible feeling. Oh, and I'm not talking like 12 miles, here, I'm talking like 1.2 miles. But, hey, I couldn't even run for 5 minutes when I started.
Reading back through my relationship with running, what I'm about to tell you may sound ABSURD! And it is. It's totally absurd!
I signed up to run a 10K. For those that don't know, that's 6.2 miles!
C-R-A-Z-Y!!!
The race is April 5th so I have some time to work up to do this and I've already started. I'm up to 1.6 miles.
Running is a TOTAL head game for me. But I have noticed that when I push myself, my body & mind will give me little reprieves. I feel strong and powerful. I just wish I was addicted to it, because right now it's way to easy to not do it.
That's where our January word comes in to play:
COMMIT!
 
On another note: I ordered this shirt the other day and when Robyn saw mine, she ordered one too.
How cute are we?
We really do have some of the most supportive husbands.
For me, Carl is the one who says
"go get your workout clothes on...I got the kids". I {love} him!!!
It's so important to surround yourself with positive people that will encourage you and support you.
  
make your week amazing!
and remember...
 
 
 

No comments: