Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Weigh in Wednesday ::: Hope

It's Wednesday!
 
This has been a big week for me!
 
On Saturday I ran in my first 5K.
My goal was to run the whole way...not to walk. The course was at our local park that has trails and lots of hills. There were times when I was pretty sure the walkers would lap me, but I still ran. I didn't care about how fast I was running, all I cared about was not stopping. It turns out I finished the 3.1 miles in 36:50, 11:53/mile. That 11:53 a mile is what shocked me. It was the fastest I've ran so far; not that I have extensive running experience, but I was really proud of that!
 
The coolest part, for me, was that Carl was supposed to come during the race and bring the kids so that they would be there when I crossed the finish line, but he surprised me and brought them at the beginning before we started.
That was super sweet and just the encouragement I needed.
 
After I crossed the finish line, he hugged me and told me how proud he was.
That was awesome, although all I could think at that moment was
"get me to the bathroom now!" {just keeping it real, people}
 
Having my family there at the end was priceless!
Here I am after I finished the 5K, sporting my awesome new tank:
"Because My Body Is A Temple".
Love it.
 
For any of you who might be starting out in the running world, I got some good advice from a friend. She told me to increase my food intake the rest of the day after the race and drink tons more water because you lose a lot of sodium when you run. She said this will save you from feeling like you have the flu over the next few days. This was good advice. I definitely still hurt, but I didn't feel sick.
 
This morning I weighed myself and I lost another 1.5 lbs!!!
I've lost 38.5 lbs over all!
 
I have to say that the weight loss is awesome, but something I did after I weighed in was even better.
Sometimes looking at your body each day, you tend to lose perspective about how much 38.5 pounds actually is and how many inches off your body that is. So this morning I got out the measuring tape and instead of taking my current measurements, I held it around my hips at the measurement I started at! WOWWWW!!!
Now that's a visual!
It was really eye opening and showed me just how far I've come!
 
All in all, this has been a great week!
I hope it has been a great week for you, too. And if it hasn't, there is always next week.
 
Don't give up!
 
 

No comments: