Saturday, June 8, 2013

Fat be gone Friday:::Robyn's weigh in

It is officially summer in AZ!!!!!!

This last week we purchased season passes for the kids and I to a water park. That means I am baring my soul, (okay, not my soul, but it feels like it) in a very public place. I put on a happy face, found my inner confidence and had a great time with my kiddos. They don’t know to be embarrassed of me. They still hold my hand in public while I’m wearing a swim suit. J I rode water slides. It was fun. It made me feel young. I was happy to be under the weight limits and to have fun with my kiddos. Summertime is Phoenix is a motivating place to be swim suit ready.

Because we have been going out of town so much I have been struggling with my food choices. I’m trying to get myself back into a good routine. I had been tempted to do something sort of drastic for a little bit to get some weight off quickly. But, I decided that wasn’t really how I wanted to reach my goals.

Hope and I chatted on the phone the other night. I am so thankful to have her as a support in my journey. As we chatted I was able to realize for myself how important it is to me to do this the right way. I do not want to take any pills or shots, no weight loss surgeries, no fad diets, and no extreme programs. I believe in moderation. I believe in healthy living. I believe in eating less and moving more. This isn’t a diet. This is a healthy lifestyle. Slow and steady wins the race. I think for me, slow and steady is more manageable, I’m living a way I can continue for the rest of my life, and I feel that it’s healthier for me both physically and mentally. Let’s face it the mental part of this journey plays a large part in my success.

This week I lost 2 lbs. It’s the 2 lbs that I had gained back last week. So, I’m back to 25 lbs down. I am motivated to make good choices though and excited to continue the journey.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! So proud of you!! You got this. Keep it up. Shopping spree here we come!!!

Unknown said...

Yay! So proud of you!! You got this. Keep it up. Shopping spree here we come!!!