Friday, April 5, 2013

Fat be Gone Friday: Robyn's weigh in day


Truth or Dare?

Truth: I really struggled this week with food. There was Easter candy all over my house and soda. Soda is like a drug!!! Just one sip and I can’t get enough of it. I didn’t eat too crazy on Easter but I ate a little bit of a lot of bad things. I was okay with that. But, when Monday came around I had a really hard time getting back on the wagon. The wagon just kept passing me by. By the time Monday evening came around I had some serious guilt. I had nightmares that night about food. I just couldn’t stop eating. I woke up on Tuesday morning really discouraged. I text Hope and told her I fell off the wagon. She of courage encouraged me and I decided to forgive myself and move on. Last year I lost and gained 30 pounds 3 times. I think my main problem is that when I mess up I give up. I’m not going to let that happen this time. This is not about perfection. It’s a process. It’s about doing the best I can and moving on when I make mistakes. So, the truth is that I really struggle with making good food choices. I really like to eat.

On a brighter note I worked out so hard this week. I am feeling so strong. I ran a mile without stopping on the treadmill every day this week at the end of my workout. I consistently make it to the gym and really get my cardio in. I have been walking a 2.5 mile loop near my home with my kiddos every day too. Truth is, I am great at exercise.

Dare: (to myself and you too) I dare you to do better. To make better choices and thereby really make your dreams come true. Don’t be afraid of failure. Laugh at it! Kick through that brick wall. Be the strong woman that Heavenly Father created. Believe in yourself. Amaze yourself with the things that you can accomplish if you really put your mind to it. You are worth it!!!

So, after all that I am so happy and humbled to tell you that I

Lost 1 pound this week
For a total of 19.5 pounds

I know it’s not a lot, but I’m down. I am motivated to do better, to do more, and to work harder. I am doing this! I am not giving up!
  

2 comments:

The Zink's said...

you are doing so good!! such an inspiration!

Unknown said...

Thanks Sarah!!!!! I miss you!