Saturday, September 28, 2013

The Saturday Skinny::: Robyn

Would it be really weird if on this here little weight loss blog I didn't talk too much about weight loss today? I've been struggling the last month. I am starting to figure things out and I'm excited to tell you about that in 2 weeks (next Sat I'll be at the happiest place on earth). But, I don't feel much like talking about weight today. It seems like a bad word to me. :) But, I do want to talk about something really closely related. Well, at least for me.

I wasn't going to blog today. I told my husband I wasn't doing it, I sent a text message to Hope telling her I wasn't doing it. But, I felt compelled to do it and here I am. I had someone come to me and question my decision to be so open with such a personal topic, and it made me question what I write here on this blog. But, here is my truth once again. I will not pretend to be someone that I am not. I believe that we are all here on this earth to learn. Life is hard. We all struggle and when we share our struggle together life is just a little easier. So, I will continue to openly share my journey. I am thankful that it is my journey. I am beginning to own my struggles and have a glimpse at overcoming them. It is a process for me.

So, my truth is that I really struggle with not correlating my personal value with the number that I see on the scale. I am trying to learn that my worth is not measured in pounds. I am a person of faith. I believe in a loving Father in Heaven. I believe that I am a daughter of God. I believe that my body is a gift. It is an amazing blessing that is so capable. My body created and sustained four beautiful little people with God's miracle of life. It carries me through my blessed life. I want to do better, to have a better understanding and gratitude for the incredible gift that my body is.

I love this video. It helps me remember my worth.

I cannot fail if I don't give up. I'll bend at it, sweat at it, and smile at it too, because my body is a temple.

No comments: